Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fitnews

I apologize for the lack of posts as of late.  I talk about consistency but am not practicing it myself, clearly.  I'm trying, but between 50+ hours of work, pilates teacher training, starting to teach spin classes, and a new man in my life, spare time is at a minimum.  That being said, no excuses.  I will try my best to be better!

In the meantime, here's some interesting tidbits from around the web:

Here's a lady who knows
a thing or two about a thing or two.
Pilates: not just for chicks.  Next time your boyfriend says he doesn't want to do pilates because it's a girl thing, show him this article.  I think Dwayne Wade and LeBron James count as good company.

Fashion steps up.  Italian Vogue editor, Franca Sozzani admits to fashion's role in the wider spread of eating disorders.  As a former sufferer, I agree with some of her points and disagree with others.  But I find it...validating almost....to hear someone in fashion finally say, "Yes, we have played a role in the increasing numbers of this problem."

I have been worrying about my sugar addiction a little more lately and really committing to change.  (Not easy).  Though it's the Daily Mail (which is known to be a load of crap) This article gave me yet another reason to reign in the sugar habit.

Most fitness blogs are for crap.  I just spent 10 minutes cruising around FitSugar trying to find SOMETHING worthwhile to include here which proved to be an impossible task.  However, Gawker got it right.  I of the Tiger is a straight talkin', ass kickin', fitness know-it-all in the positive sense of the word.  Listen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment